Does Your Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
Trying to figure out what is covered by your policy and the level of benefits to expect can be confusing.
With so many different insurance packages, policy riders, and supplemental coverages, if you’re frustrated, we certainly understand and you’re not alone.
One of the most common questions we answer at All About Hearing is, “Does my insurance cover my hearing aids?”
Because each insurance company has different packages, plans, options, and supplements, there’s no easy answer.
Finding the answer is usually very time-consuming and aggravating while you work out the fine print!
We don’t want anyone to forgo testing, treatment, or hearing aids if they’re experiencing hearing loss and aren’t sure what their policy covers.
To ensure that those who need it receive the hearing care they need, we have an insurance specialist on our team.
In addition to having the knowledge, expertise, and experience necessary to navigate the ins and outs of most major insurance company policies, our insurance specialist and our clinic partner with major insurance companies, making it easy for us to find the answers to your questions and ensure that you receive all the benefits to which you are entitled.
Let Our Insurance Specialist Check Your Insurance Coverage
"*" indicates required fields
9 Questions You Need to Ask to Determine Whether Hearing Aids Are Covered by Your Insurance
2. If my plan provides a benefit, what is it and how much will I receive?
3. Is there a deductible and/or out-of-pocket amount I have to meet before benefits kick in, and if so, how much?
4. How often is the cost of new hearing aids covered or how often does it renew?
5. Can I see the audiologist of my choice, or am I restricted to network practices/providers?
6. Does my preferred audiologist or clinic accept my insurance?
7. Does my benefit cover a diagnostic hearing evaluation?
8. Do I have to have a referral from a primary care physician in order to be covered?
9. Can I choose the hearing aids I like best or am I restricted to a generic brand/type?
You Might Also Be Interested In
Does UnitedHealthcare Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
You’d be amazed by how many people have a hearing loss in the US today. Johns Hopkins researchers show that at least 44.6 million individuals have some form of the condition, with this figure expected to rise to 74.8 million in 2060.
Does Humana Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
Your hearing is more important to you than you might think. Those with a hearing loss don’t just miss out on magical everyday sounds in their local environment.
Does Cigna Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
When I first fit someone with a new pair of hearing aids, they often can’t believe the difference.
It’s not just the sounds of the wind gently rustling through the trees and the hum of traffic that suddenly come back to them.